Save the Date! PMC In-Person Meeting (no hybrid support)
Where: Wichita, KS
When: October 16th - 20th (Tentative agenda below)
Oct 16: Tutorials
Oct 17: Opening Coordination Meeting and Forum
Oct 18: WG/TG Meetings
Oct 19: WG/TG Meetings, Closing Coordination Meeting, Exec Meeting
Oct 20: Optional NIAR Tours
RECENTLY HELD MEETINGS:
CMC Virtual Meeting
Tuesday, February 28 & Wednesday, March 1
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET
PMC Virtual Meeting
March 20-24, Coordination and Working Group Meetings
March 13-14, 27-30, Tutorial Sessions
AM Hybrid Meeting
March 28-30, Coordination and Working Group Meetings
Co-located with ASTM F42 at State College, PA
No current open surveys.
Thank you for your support.
The Composite Materials Handbook-17 (CMH-17) provides information and guidance necessary to design and fabricate end items from composite materials. Its primary purpose is the standardization of engineering data development methodologies related to testing, data reduction, and data reporting of property data for current and emerging composite materials. In support of this objective, the handbook includes composite materials properties that meet specific data requirements. The Handbook therefore constitutes an overview of the field of composites technology and engineering, an area which is advancing and changing rapidly. As a result, the document is constantly changing as sections are added or modified to reflect advances in the state-of-the-art.
Composite Materials Handbook creates, publishes and maintains proven, reliable engineering information and standards, subjected to thorough technical review, to support the development and use of composite materials and structures.
Composite Materials Handbook will be the authoritative worldwide focal point for technical information on composite materials and structures.
Goals and Objectives
- Periodically meet with experts from the field to discuss critical technical issues for composite structural
applications, with an emphasis on increasing overall product safety.
- Provide comprehensive, practical engineering guidance that has proven reliable for the design, fabrication,
characterization, test and maintenance of composites.
- Provide reliable data, linked to control of processes and raw materials, thereby being a comprehensive source
of material property basis values and design information that can be shared within the industry
- Provide a resource for composites education with examples, applications and references to supporting
- Establish guidelines for use of information, identifying the limitations of the data and methods.
- Provide guidelines with references to proven standards & engineering practices.
- Provide for periodic updates to maintain the all-inclusive nature of the information.
- Provide information in formats best-suited for user needs.
- Serve the needs of the international composite community through member industries represented, which use
teamwork and the diverse member engineering skills to provide information for the hand.