The Composite Materials Handbook
Purchase CMH-17 Handbook
Purchase CMH17 STATS Software
||The Composite Materials Handbook provides information and guidance necessary to design and fabricate end items
from composite materials. Its primary purpose is the standardization of engineering data development methodologies related to
testing, data reduction, and data reporting of property data for current and emerging composite materials. In support of this
objective, the handbook includes composite materials properties that meet specific data requirements. The Handbook therefore
constitutes an overview of the field of composites technology and engineering, an area which is advancing and changing rapidly.
As a result, the document is constantly changing as sections are added or modified to reflect advances in the state-of-the-art.|
Composite Materials Handbook creates, publishes and maintains proven,
information and standards, subjected to thorough technical review, to
support the development and
use of composite materials and structures.
Composite Materials Handbook will be the authoritative worldwide focal
technical information on composite materials and structures.
Goals and Objectives to Support CMH-17 Mission
- To periodically meet with experts from the field to discuss
critical technical issues
for composite structural applications, with an emphasis on
increasing overall product safety.
- To provide comprehensive, practical engineering guidance that has
proven reliable for the design,
fabrication, characterization, test and maintenance of composites.
- To provide reliable data, linked to control of processes and raw
materials, thereby being a
comprehensive source of material property basis values and design
information that can be shared
within the industry
- To provide a resource for composites education with examples,
applications and references to
supporting engineering work.
- To establish guidelines for use of information, identifying the
limitations of the data and methods.
- To provide guidelines with references to proven standards &
- To provide for periodic updates to maintain the all-inclusive
nature of the information.
- To provide information in formats best-suited for user needs.
- To serve the needs of the international composite community
through member industries represented,
which use teamwork and the diverse member engineering skills to
provide information for the
Web site maintained by the Handbook Secretariat
, Wichita State University
Questions or comments on the site should be directed toward the
ï¿½ 2009 Wichita State University.